Donate to Galway Mountain Rescue Team
Galway MRT is a registered charity in Ireland (Registered Charity Number: 20073725). Your donation will contribute directly towards the operational running costs of the team. This will help us to acquire and maintain our search and rescue equipment, team vehicles and train our members to the highest international standard. Our volunteers receive no compensation of any kind for their hard work, which means that all funds raised go directly towards saving lives.
There are a number of options open to you in making a charitable donation to Galway MRT:
Make an Online Donation
Make a Postal Donation
You may donate via post by sending a cheque, a bank draft or a postal order to the address below.
Galway Mountain Rescue Team,
PO Box 393,
Rep. of Ireland.
Donate via Bank Transfer
Collection Box Donations
Simply drop by one of these locations to make a cash donation. We are always on the look out for suitable locations for our collection boxes. If you would like to nominate or suggest a suitable location for a Galway MRT collection box please contact us:
- The Great Outdoors, Eglington Street, Galway.
- River Deep Mountain High, Middle Street, Galway.
- Nevin's Pharmacy, Roscam, Galway.
- Murphy’s Pub, High Street, Galway.
- Evergreen Healthfoods, Mainguard St, Galway.
- Spar Shop, Briarhill Business Park, Galway.
- Crowe's Bar, Prospect Hill, Galway.
- Outback Jacks, Ballybane, Galway.
- Oslo Bar, Salthill, Galway.
- The Signal Bar, Station House Hotel, Clifden, Co. Galway.
- Griffin's Bar, Clifden, Co. Galway.
- Keane's Pub, Maam, Co. Galway.
- Peacock's Hotel, Maam Cross, Co. Galway.
- Hamilton's Shop, Leenane, Co. Galway.
- Gaynor's Pub, Leenane, Co. Galway.
- Leenane Hotel, Leenane, Co. Galway.
- Leenane Sheep and Wool Centre, Leenane, Co. Galway.
- Kylemore Abbey, Connemara, Co. Galway.
- Power's Bar, Oughterard, Co Galway.
- Veldon's Bar, Letterfrack, Co. Galway.
- Letterfrack Stores, Letterfrack, Co. Galway.
- Mount Gable House, Clonbur, Co. Galway.
Leaving a Legacy
By making a will and pledging a legacy to Galway MRT, you can help us to save lives within the upland regions of Galway and Clare. Your support will ensure that our 24/7 emergency service continues into the future, providing peace of mind to future generations of mountain users. We recommend that you seek the professional help of a solicitor before making a will.
Tax Efficient Giving
If you are a PAYE-taxpayer and your donations to Galway MRT total €250 or more in a year, we can claim tax back from the government. If you are self-assessed for income tax, you can claim it to reduce your own tax, so the net cost of your donations to Galway MRT will be much less.
If you have donated €250 or more in any of the past four years, you will receive a Revenue form in April to make your donation go even further. This will help in enabling us to claim an extra 25% of the value of your donations if you pay income tax at the standard rate of 20%, while we can claim an extra 69% if you pay tax at the higher rate of 41%.
By building a relationship with Galway MRT you are letting the public know that your company cares about the safety and wellbeing of your local community. You are also showing your customers, staff and stakeholders the socially responsible side of your brand, something which could lead to increased profits, brand loyalty and an enhanced company image.
As a company, you can fund specific aspects of our operations (such as vehicle acquisition, Search and Rescue equipment, personal team gear etc). You can choose to make a once-off charitable donation, provide funding over a number of years, or simply share your company’s expertise with us.
If you are interested in building a long-term relationship with Galway MRT, we offer a range of partnering opportunities aimed at generating mutually-beneficial publicity and brand awareness across our various communities (local and national). Visit our Sponsorship page for more details.